Fields of Fire
List Price: $75.00
Your Price: $59.99
(Worth 5,999 Funagain Points!)
Notify me if/when this item becomes available:
(you will be asked to log in first)
Please Login to use shopping lists.
Fields of Fire is a solitaire game of commanding a rifle company between World War II and Present Day. The game is different from many tactical games in that it is diceless and card based. There are two decks used to play. The Terrain Deck is based on a specific region and is used to build a map for the various missions your company must perform. The Action deck serves many purposes in controlling combat, command and control, various activity attempts. The units of the company are counters representing headquarters elements, squads, weapons teams, forward observers, individual vehicles or helicopters. A single playing is a mission and several missions from an historical campaign are strung together for the player to manage experience and replacements. A mission can be played in about 1 – 2 hours.
This game is based on three actual campaigns experienced by units of the 9th US Infantry in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. "Keep Up the Fire" is the motto of the 9th Infantry, known as the "Manchus" for their service in the Boxer Rebellion.
- Action Deck + Hint Cards - 55 Cards
- 3 Terrain Decks of 55 Cards each
- Rule Booklet
- Mission Briefing Booklet
- Company Log Pad (8.5x11 – expendable)
- 1 x 8.5 x 11 Player Aid Card Action Menu Front – Vehicle Info Back
- 9-12 8.5x11 Mission Cards (each mission has a card -- friendly info on the front, enemy info on the back)
- 536 Unit Counters (Large Size -- Two-Sided)
- 234 Informational Markers