Mü & Mehr
Notify me if/when this item becomes available:
(you will be asked to log in first)
from 1 customer review
Please Login to use shopping lists.
M & Mehr consists of a special 5-suited card deck and a collection of 6 different games. This collection is best known for the game M itself, a trick taking game with variable partnership play and a very special bidding phase. The game is highly tactical and a must for experienced card players.
M is best for 4 or 5 players and is rather tactical. The other 5 games have had good reviews as well, and are somewhat less serious in play:
- Calcory is a fast crossover between blackjack and memory. Best played with 2 and 3 players.
- The Last Panther is a trick avoidance game, slightly like Hearts, but with a few twists. For example, there is also a positive scoring color and a high bonus for the last trick.
- Wimmüln a trick annoucement game with extra bluff.
- Rummü is a fast Rummy relative.
- Safarü is best compared to the Casino family: You have to capture cards from the table by 3 different methods. Best with 3 players.
Average Rating: 5 in 1 review
I have to concur whole-heartedly with every 5-star review of Mu. The shifting alliances, the bidding structure (with increasingly steep goals as the bids escalate) ... this game is as good as everyone has said or better.
During a recent D&D session, the DM introduced this game as 'a giantish card game.' By the end of the first hand, we were shouting in surprise and dismay as the play unfolded. The bidding became ruthless and a mini-game of Diplomacy seemed about to break out as alliances were formed. This game is fast to play, quick to learn, subtle in its depth and rewards both alliance-builders and aggressive players.
Outstanding. And the cards are beautiful, too - lovely to look at and coated well, so they should be fairly durable.