Descent: Quest Compendium Volume 1
Notify me if/when this item becomes available:
(you will be asked to log in first)
Please Login to use shopping lists.
base set Funagain Games does not stock this edition of this title, usually because it's out of print.
Second Edition (Temporarily Out of Stock)
List: $79.99 $63.99 (20% savings!)
List: $29.99 $23.99 (20% savings!)
List: $39.95 $31.99 (20% savings!)
Gathering a small number of your most trusted companions, you rode out to search the base of the cliffs. After searching for almost the entire day, you finally found an expertly camouflaged doorway leading into the cliffs. Several small rusty spots clung to the handle of the door, and an aura of evil emanated from the lair. Now, glancing back at your friends, you grit your teeth and pull open the door. Ducking under a tangled mass of brambles, you enter...
Since its release in 2005, Descent: Journeys in the Dark has been the strategy board game of dungeon-exploring adventure, where parties of heroes pit their strength against the vicious machinations of the Overlord, braving quests, winning treasures, and defeating monsters. Descent has taken heroes deep into the Well of Darkness, crushed evil on the Altar of Despair, and laid enemies to rest in the Tomb of Ice. A few brave souls have dedicated their lives to heroism and have walked the Road to Legend.
Some of Descent's biggest fans in hobby gaming have met at the latest milepost on the road to adventure and have assembled the Descent: Journeys in the Dark Quest Compendium.
Edited by Will Hindmarch (Gameplaywright Press), the Descent: Quest Compendium presents in one 96-page hardbound volume sixteen of Descent's most cunning, deadly, and puzzling scenarios for your gaming table, brought to you by a team of acclaimed and award-winning game designers and authors.
- Monte Cook (D&D 3rd Edition) sounds an angel's plea for help to save the world from being pulled across a dimensional divide and permanently warping reality.
- Keith Baker (Eberron (D&D), Gloom) leads heroes directly into the middle of a deadly blood feud between two restless spirits of hatred embodied. Caught in the epic battle, choosing a side will be the hardest decision to make.
- Kenneth Hite (Where the Deep Ones Are) adapts a classic film to the fantastic setting of Descent and finds an unlikely ally only too happy to help uncover a precious treasure, but for a price...
- Mike Selinker (Yetisburg) entraps the heroes within a demonic puzzle that threatens to destroy the world we know in a whirl of chaos.
- John Kovalic (Dork Tower) takes you back to an old haunt on an unexpected mission on behalf of a former enemy, featuring some of John Kovalic's trademark wit and commentary.
These creators and many more stretch the boundaries of the game into bold new territories, full of challenges and adventure, using the Descent: Journeys in the Dark core set and expansions. Each quest includes an introduction written by the designer of the scenario, with interesting background on the development of the scenario, as well as biographical information for the author.
The Descent: Quest Compendium also includes an introduction by award-winning game designer and Descent fan, Alan R. Moon, as well as a special tribute to Dungeons & Dragons creator Gary Gygax written by Descent: Journeys in the Dark's designer, Kevin Wilson.
The road is long, the dungeons are dark, and your enemies are sharpening their weapons. All of this is as nothing to a band of adventurers ready to meet adversity and brave all for adventure. Open the Descent: Quest Compendium and add new chapters to your story of heroism!
Some quests require certain Descent: Journeys in the Dark expansions in addition to the base game.
Fantasy Flight Games
Players: 2 - 5
Time: 120 - 240 minutes
Ages: 12 and up
Weight: 597 grams
Language Requirements: The text of this item is printed in English. This is a domestic item.