The Battle for Normandy
List Price: $149.00
Your Price: $119.20
(Worth 11,920 Funagain Points!)
Notify me if/when this item becomes available:
(you will be asked to log in first)
Please Login to use shopping lists.
The Battle for Normandy is a game that represents the climactic campaign in Normandy from D-Day, 6 June 1944 to the first week of August 1944 at primarily battalion level. Numerous scenarios are included to play out various smaller battles in Normandy. It is intended for two players or player teams.
The game uses a unique sequence of play and a system of fire combat throughout the airdrop and beach assault phases with company-level breakdown units, then a more traditional odds-type combat approach throughout the rest of the game. Initial beach defense deployments at start and daily air support and defense allocations, hidden to the opposing player; create a level of uncertainty that makes for a tense, challenging duel.
The game combines a detailed, extensively researched order of battle with relatively fast-playing game mechanics to make it not only the largest representation of the Normandy campaign available to date, but a manageable one that is meant to be played, not shelved. Scenarios include:
- Campaign : 5 maps, 6 June - 10 Aug
- Bloody Omaha : part of one map, 6 June - 10 June
- Cobra : 2 maps (most of play on one though), 25 July - 31 July
- Goodwood & Cobra (combined): 4 maps, 18 July - 31 July
- Operation Epsom : 1 map, 26 June - 1 July
- The Battle for Cherbourg : 1 map, 18 June - 27 June
A future expansion will extend the play area south, to include the Mortain and Falaise scenarios, and extend the campaign to late August and the 3rd Army breakout.
COMPLEXITY: Moderate (5/9)
SOLITAIRE SUITABILITY: High (7/9)
- 1 Rule Book
- 1 Scenario Book
- 5 22x34-inch full color Maps
- 9 full color counter sheets
- 8-1/2x11-inch Allied Air Allocation Log (laminated)
- 8-1/2x11-inch Axis AAA Allocation Log (laminated)
- 11x17-inch Turn Record Track
- 8-1/2x11-inch Terrain Effects Chart (x2)
- 8-1/2x11-inch Repl/Recon/Weather chart (x2)
- 8-1/2x11-inch German Record Track
- 8-1/2x11-inch Allied Record Track
- 8-1/2x11-inch Combat Results Table (x2)
- Dice: 3d6 and 1d10
- 1 non-permanent marker