Your Price: $49.99
(Worth 4,999 Funagain Points!)
Notify me if/when this item becomes available:
(you will be asked to log in first)
Please Login to use shopping lists.
In American Rails, each player assumes the role of a wealthy capitalist managing a portfolio of stocks and bonds in six fictional railroad companies. Through ruthless negotiation and rigorous planning, players struggle to increase the value of their holdings and reap the profits. The player with the most money at the end of the game will become the nation's first railroad baron and win the game.
This luckless game was inspired by John Bohrer's development of Chicago Express and the Historic Railroads System from Winsome Games. Set in the United States east of the Mississippi, American Rails features player-controlled variable turn order, "city dilution", and variable set-ups, giving this cutthroat train game an unprecedented level of replayability.
Players: 3 - 5
Time: 90 or more minutes
Ages: 14 and up
Weight: 1,057 grams
- 1 game board (in two sections)
- 21 shares and 144 track cubes, consisting of:
- ~American (white): 31 cubes, 5 shares
- ~National (gray): 29 cubes, 4 shares
- ~Continental (green): 26 cubes, 3 shares
- ~Majestic (yellow): 22 cubes, 4 shares
- ~Liberty (red): 19 cubes, 2 shares
- ~Republic (blue): 17 cubes, 3 shares
- 12 black development cubes
- 5 player action markers (discs in five colors)
- 5 summary cards (matching the player colors)
- 1 black disc for the year track