List Price: $40.00
Your Price: $32.00
(Worth 3,200 Funagain Points!)
Notify me if/when this item becomes available:
(you will be asked to log in first)
from 4 customer reviews
Please Login to use shopping lists.
It’s a covert game of cat and mouse set on the streets of London! Criminal mastermind Mr. X has escaped Scotland Yard and it’s up to you, the detectives, to catch him! Use your travel tickets to anticipate his movements, chasing him by taxi, bus, and underground, around Picadilly Circus, along the River Thames, and through Paddington Station. Will you apprehend this dangerous criminal or will he disappear in the London fog?
How to Play:
1. Choose a Mr. X and give that player a player piece, travel log with cover, and special travel tickets. Give the remaining players – the detectives – their player pieces and travel tickets.
2. Players draw cards indicating the number of the station where they will begin play and place their player pieces on those stations. Mr. X draws a card indicating his starting space and notes it in his travel log without placing his player piece there.
3. Players take turns selecting the appropriate travel tickets (taxi, bus, underground) to move them from station to station, anticipating Mr. X’s arrival. Mr. X notes his moves in his secret travel log, surfacing only on specific moves but revealing the ticket he uses to get to his next undisclosed location.
4. Players work together to anticipate where Mr. X will surface next and beat him to that station.
5. If a player piece is on the station Mr. X noted in his secret travel log, that player wins the game. If all players use all travel tickets without capturing Mr. X, Mr. X wins the game.
This game is a thrill a minute and the more people you have the better. We could play for hours. The opportunity for "MR. X" to escape using his mystery tickets, and the "police" having to strain their minds to remember where Mr. X has been and where he could be makes for an exciting game.
Fun game. My wife and I play frequently. You don't really need three players. For a two-player game, just have one player control Mister X and the other controls all the detectives. Good for kids and adults alike.
The board layout and design is fantastic and makes for all of the fun. With the Black tickets giving Mr. X a chance to escape by river and the detectives needing to keep a close eye on their remaining taxi, bus and tube tickets, this game is fun. Even though this is largely a game of calculation based on where Mr. X has been and what tickets he plays, the theme and gameplay are fun. It's especially good with a group with all the detectives in play.