List Price: $40.00
Your Price: $32.00
(Worth 3,200 Funagain Points!)
from 5 customer reviews
Please Login to use shopping lists.
It’s a covert game of cat and mouse set on the streets of London! Criminal mastermind Mr. X has escaped Scotland Yard and it’s up to you, the detectives, to catch him! Use your travel tickets to anticipate his movements, chasing him by taxi, bus, and underground, around Picadilly Circus, along the River Thames, and through Paddington Station. Will you apprehend this dangerous criminal or will he disappear in the London fog?
How to Play:
1. Choose a Mr. X and give that player a player piece, travel log with cover, and special travel tickets. Give the remaining players – the detectives – their player pieces and travel tickets.
2. Players draw cards indicating the number of the station where they will begin play and place their player pieces on those stations. Mr. X draws a card indicating his starting space and notes it in his travel log without placing his player piece there.
3. Players take turns selecting the appropriate travel tickets (taxi, bus, underground) to move them from station to station, anticipating Mr. X’s arrival. Mr. X notes his moves in his secret travel log, surfacing only on specific moves but revealing the ticket he uses to get to his next undisclosed location.
4. Players work together to anticipate where Mr. X will surface next and beat him to that station.
5. If a player piece is on the station Mr. X noted in his secret travel log, that player wins the game. If all players use all travel tickets without capturing Mr. X, Mr. X wins the game.
- 1 game board
- 6 playing pieces
- 29 start tickets
- 130 tickets for different means of transportation
- 1 travel log for Mr. X
- 1 visor for Mr. X
- 2 inserts
- 2 rings for bobbies
Average Rating: 4.4 in 5 reviews
This is one of our family's favourite games. Even my 6-year-old son plays; he really likes wearing the hat. I matched the London layout to a bus, underground, and street map when I was laid up with a broken leg, so I can vouch for the general accuracy of the map. As another reviewer said, you can play with two. When I play with my son, he gets to see where Mister X is all of the time.
This game is a thrill a minute and the more people you have the better. We could play for hours. The opportunity for "MR. X" to escape using his mystery tickets, and the "police" having to strain their minds to remember where Mr. X has been and where he could be makes for an exciting game.
Fun game. My wife and I play frequently. You don't really need three players. For a two-player game, just have one player control Mister X and the other controls all the detectives. Good for kids and adults alike.
Show all 5 reviews >