Get Funagain Points by submitting media! Full details, including content license, are available here.
You must be logged in to your account to submit media. Please click here to log in or create a free account.
Notify me if/when this item becomes available:
(you will be asked to log in first)
Please Login to use shopping lists.
Colonial Diplomacy is a game of grand strategy and diplomacy set during the height of the great age of imperialism, when nearly half the world's population in Africa, Asia, Persia, the Indian sub-continent, Manchu China, Indo-China and the East Indies was brought under the control and domination of colonial powers.
The elagantly simple game system and mechanics of play of Diplomacy have been used. So all the essential elements of careful planning, secrecy, co-operation, skillful negotiations, the inevitable treachery and backstab that have made Diplomacy so popular, are included. Each player must guide the destiny of one of the vast empires involved in the struggle for nationalism and colonial acquisitions during this era--the British Empire, the Ottoman Turkish Empire, French Indo-China, the Dutch East Indies, the Russian Empire, Manch China and Imperial Japan. Armies and Navies must be mobilized and deployed in this challenging contest of strategies in order to gain areas of economic, strategic and military importance. The game spans 60 years of exciting history from the Opium Wars, the Crimean War, the struggle in Egypt and Sudan, through the Russo-Japanese conflict of 1905. Will history repeat itself?
- Who will control the Suez Canal, Hong Kong, the Persian Gulf oil fields and the strategically important Yellow Sea and South China Sea?
- Will the Crimea cause conflict between Turkey and Russia or will the Black Sea be left neutral and for how long?
- Can Britain protect its vast empire, especially Singapore?
- Can Russia keep control of its Trans-Siberian Railroad and eastern seaboard possessions in Port Arthur and Vladivostok?
- Will Japan make Manchuria and Korea its primary objectives or are the Philippines and Formosa more inviting?
- Will China be more negotiable than its Manchu rulers?
Skillful diplomacy and bold strategies, not luck, will determine the outcome. So take up the challenge of the 19th Century and join in the race to build your own colonial empire.